UPDATE: R10 R-TVBOX has disappeared from amazon.com. According to one user comment below this article, and contrary to the R10 R-TVBOX marketing brochure, this device ended up having heat problems.
In short, this is NOT a recommended media player. The purchase link we gave down here was from amazon.com, by a third party vendor, but fulfilled by Amazon. This should add a degree of extra warranty to your purchases, as you can protest about this and any other problems both to the original vendor AND amazon store itself.
ORIGINAL POST BELOW:
The R10 R-TVBOX is a nicely designed, RK3328 chipset based, round media player boasting about good cooling performance due to its micro-grid venting sides.
It can be purchased at amazon.com by following this link. As usual I recommend purchasing this and any other Android TV BOX on Amazon store, specially if it includes the “fullfilled by Amazon” notice.
It is like including an extra warranty, since they are responsible for the R10 R-TVBOX shipment. Amazon also includes free shipping / prime 2 day shipping.
Speaking of Android TV boxes, the R10 R-TVBOX may reconsider their “box” thing, marketing wise. R10 TV Cylinider, or better: just “Cyl” ? Silly paragraph detected !
R10 R-TVBOX Specifications
The R10 R-TVBOX includes all the usual specs involving the Rockchip RK 3328 Chipset, but also doubling RAM when compared with other similar media player offerings on similar money, including 4Gb of DDR4 RAM and 64 Gb of Flash RAM. This is a needed refreshment over earlier media players, and definitely a plus.
The R10 R-TVBOX runs Android 7.1.2, which is kind of “up to date”, again compared with other Android OTG boxes out there. They promise a very fast booting time (8-10 seconds), wich sounds about standard to me.
The R10 R-TVBOX includes all the usual I/O ports and -of course- 4K 10bit media playback. Before delving inside the complete specifications list, a note of caution: Maybe as a Chinese procedence reminder, please note that when they state 4k resolution being 4096×2160 pixel… they should actually quote 3840 × 2160 pixels.
- Chipset:RK3328 Quad-Core 64bit Cortex-A53
- GPU:Penta-Core Mali-450 Up to 750Mhz+
- FLASH:EMMC 64GB
- SDRAM:4GB DDR3
- WIFI:2.4/5.8G 802.11 b/g/n AC
- Support Decoder format:”4K VP9 Video decoder, H.265/H.264 video decoder 1080P other video decoders (VC-1, MPEG-1/2/4, VP6/8)”
- Support Media format:Avi/Ts/Vob/Mkv/Mov/ISO/wmv/asf/flv/dat/mpg/mpeg
- Support Music format:MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/OGG/DDP/HD/FLAC/APE
- Support Photo format:HD JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF
- HDR:HDR10 and HLG modes
- USB host:1 High speed USB 3.0, 3 x USB 2.0
- Card reader: SD cards
- HDD file system:FAT16/FAT32/NTFS
- Support Subtitle:SRT/SMI/SUB/SSA/IDX+USB
- High Definition video output:4K (4096×2160 pixel )
- OSD type of languages:English/French/German/Spanish/Italian/ etc multilateral languages
- LAN:Ethernet:10/100M standard RJ-45
- Wireless:WiFi 2.4G, Built in Antenna
- Mouse/ Keyboard :Support mouse and keyboard via USB;Support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz USB dongle
- HDMI:HDMI 2.0a for 4k@60Hz
- 3D:3D video formats
- 1 x TV box
- 1 x Power adapter
- 1 x HDMI cable
- 1 x Reomote control
- 1 x User’s Manual
R10 R-TVBOX is a nice Media Player Cylinder -err box
When all is said and done, I am confident the R10 R-TVBOX is a nice media player, worth looking at, stylish. It may be considered a wise purchase.