The T95U Pro is not only 4K HDR capable media player, but it is also visually appealing, maybe even sexy.
Personally, I am bored of the black vanilla brick kind of Android TV boxes this market niche is being constantly bombarded with.
If you add into the mix the Amlogic S912 chipset which -even after the dumb clock speed down played by that chipmaker- it still behaves decently, then maybe the T95U Pro ends up being a fancy and able OTT Android TV box choice to buy and even showcase besides your 4K TV.
You may find it on the market under different brands, like Sunvell or LTC, but given the red fly design it is instantly recognizable.
I am still waiting to review one of these units, but I am already wondering if the resulting space below the case acts as an improved air intake for heat dissipation purposes.
Also, maybe it is a nice place to hide the remote when not in use. One could only hope, given the increasing quantity of remotes I am littering my TV crib with.
The T95U Pro is currently priced at a steep price, perhaps 10 USD more than the boring black bricks we are accustomed to see around on the web, but you are getting style karma in return.
It seems a fair trade to me. Check current price by following this link into the Amazon store.
T95U Pro specifications
As said, the T95U Pro is based on the Amlogic S912 chipset, which pretty much dictates all the tech specs, since it is a “system on a Chip” solution which integrates almost every feature and input output option.
The led time/digits display may be considered a bit more exclusive (a limited number of media players include such extra). By now, the Led display is somewhat of a T95 family signature, as you can also find it on earlier T95 media players too.
On the OS side, it runs Android 6 and comes with KODI 17 pre-installed. This is definitely a nice upgrade from other media players which are still on the Android 5.x and Kodi 16 era.
Here you have the complete T95U Pro spec sheet:
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- CPU:Amlogic S912 Octa core ARM Cortex-A53
- GPU: ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU up to 750MHz
- RAM: 2GB DDR3
- Memory size: 16GB EMMC Flash
- Storage Extension: Support MicroSD(TF), Up to 32GB
- WIFI: 2.4G +5G +Bluetooth
- Bluetooth: BT 4.0
- Mouse/ Keyboard: Support mouse and keyboard via USB;
- Support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz USB dongle
- SPDIF/IEC958: Coaxial
Supported multimedia formats
- VP9-10 Profile-2 up to 4Kx2K@60fps
- H.265 HEVC MP-10@L5.1 up to 4Kx2K@60fps
- H.264 AVC HP@L5.1 up to 4Kx2K@30fps
- H.264 MVC up to 1080P @60fps
- MPEG-4 ASP@L5 up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-14496)
- WMV/VC-1 SP/MP/AP up to 1080P@60fps
- AVS-P16(AVS+) /AVS-P2 JiZhun Profile up to 1080P@60fps
- MPEG-2 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-13818)
- MPEG-1 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-11172)
- RealVideo 8/9/10 up to 1080P@60fps
- WebM up to VGA
- Multiple language and multiple format sub-title video support
- MJPEG and JPEG unlimited pixel resolution decoding (ISO/IEC-10918)
- Supports JPEG thumbnail, scaling, rotation and transition effects
- Supports *.mkv,*.wmv,*.mpg, *.mpeg, *.dat, *.avi, *.mov, *.iso, *.mp4, *.rm and *.jpg file
- HD MPEG1/2/4,H.264, HD AVC/VC-1,RM/RMVB,Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6 ,RealVideo8/9/10
- 4K2k hd decoding: 4k2k H.265 Hardware Video Decode and 4k2k Output
Included in the T95U Pro Package
- 1 X TV BOX
- 1 X Remote Control
- 1 X Power Charger
- 1 X HDMI Cable
- 1 X User Manual
To sum it all up, I would definitely think about purchasing the T95U Pro media player, as it delivers 4K HDR playback, while presenting itself as a visually pleasing media player.