… The ZTE zxv10 b800s2 may well be your HDR 4K “dream” media player. So -reinforcing dream concept- it seems to be quite out of reach for us, the populace.
But as said in the opening paragraph, this media player exists only among the mist of corporate / white brand / ZTE limbo.
Given it’s vanilla casing and lack of branding, it is to be assumed that ZTE is offering the ZTE zxv10 b800s2 as a (probably expensive) white label branding option for third parties.
The ZTE zxv10 b800s2 only gets into public scrutiny on relevant exclusive trade shows: It has recently been showcased at CES2016. Also, somehow, the ZTE zxv10 b800s2 even won some prizes out there.
If you are looking for an actually purchasable DDR4 media player, you can check out the Yundoo y7 (amlogic S905X based) TV box.
ZTE zxv10 b800s2 Highlights
The ZTE zxv10 b800s2 webpage is not shy on throwing specifications at us, but it lacks on some specifics, like which processor runs under the hood, nor is mentioned even it’s clocking speed.
On the software side, the ZTE zxv10 b800s2 is reported to run Android TV OS.
On the hardware side, it includes a gigabit ethernet port, USB 3 and USB 2 connectors, Bluetooth 4.1, 2Gb of DDR4 Ram -there is a 4Gb DDR4 option- and a whole plethora of niceties:
- Based on Android 5.1 OS and Android TV GMS
- UHD decoding and outputting, up to 4K*2K@60fps 10-bit color
- Various codec format including H264, HEVC/H.265, VP9
- Support Dual 720p30 HW transcoding
- Supports USB 3.0
- Supports HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2
- Support HDMI 2.0 input (optional)
- Supports Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2×2 MU-MIMO
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Support RJ-45 10/100/1000 female Ethernet
- Supports Google cast Standard, Google audio Search, etc.
- Capable of Digital Right Management
- Highly customizable UI
- TR069 / TR135 network management.
- Remote software upgrade and convenient maintenance.
- Supports DLNA, Airplay, Miracast standard
- Supports MS+Playready, IPTV+Verimatirx and HLS+Verimatrix multiple DRM
- Support 3rd party service
ZTE zxv10 b800s2 specifications
- Live TV
- VOD (Video on Demand)
- NVOD (Near Video on Demand)
- TVOD (TV on Demand)
- TSTV (Time Shift TV)
- Subtitle / Close Caption
- Local media play from USB drives,
- OTT Service, such as Youtube
- Multi-screen application,
- Support DLNA, as the DMP or DMR.
- Web browsing, Gaming, Online photo album
- Wi-Fi Client built-in
- Support wireless keyboard, support U-key upgrade
- STB could be managed by ZTE ZXV10 NetNumenN31, integrated network management system via TR069 / TR135, could provide configuration and query function, software upgrade management, diagnosis testing, performance monitoring function, topology grouping management and centralizing alarm.
- Single HEVC H.265 up to 4kp60 10-Bit Color Decode
- Quad HEVC H.265 1080p60 Decode
- Signal VP9 4Kp60 Decode
- Dual 720p30 Transcoding
- 4:3 and 16:9 video stream aspect ratios
- Audio decoding format: MPEG1 Layer1/2, AAC, Dolby AC-3, E-AC-3, AC-4, WMA Pro 10
- Supports 32, 44.1, 48KHz sample rate
- Supports Multi-channel audio decoding with down-mixing
- S/PDIF and HDMI digital audio output with PCM or compressed audio data
- TCP/IP, DHCP, HTTP 1.1, IGMP V2 / V3, RTSP, RTP, RTCP
- Apple HLS
- Microsoft Smooth Streaming
- UDP Multicast (MPEG2 Transport) Decoding
- HTML 5
- RFC4291, RFC3879, RFC4193, RFC4007
1. Processor & Storage
- CPU: up to 12000 DMIPS
- Flash: 8GB EMMC Flash(can be increased to 16GB if need)
- RAM: 2GB DDR4 SDRAM(can be increased to 4GB if need
- Input: AC 100-240V, 50-60Hz
- Output: DC 12V
3. Operation Temperature: 0~40 °C
4. Operation Humidity: 10~90% non-condensing
- 1*S/PDIF Optical output
- 1*HDMI 2.0 output with HDCP2.2
- 1*HDMI 2.0 input with HDCP2.2 (optional)
- 1*mini-Jack output with Composite(Video out\L- Audio\R-Audio)
- 1* 100/1000M Base-T, RJ45 connector
- 1*USB 2.0 host port, Type A connector
- 1*USB 3.0 host port, Type A connector